Monday, January 28, 2008

Are you reddy?

Greetings! 

My fellow TAM major and I (Leslie) have been trying to get back into the swing of things. This is our last semester as underclassmen!! *tear* And to think, Mizzou might actually be poppin this semester! What a concept...

Well February is a few days away, and you all know what that means: Valentine's Day! Awww!!! I'm no longer bitter about this cheesy day, because I have a boyfriend now!!! And what a great boy he is. 
So obviously the color of the month is RED! All variations and shades. So what do you need for this month? An amazing bag, shoes that will probably hurt your feet but will make your outfit, and another classical piece: in this case, I chose a trench coat.

I know I keep featuring pricy items, but sometimes you need to splurge in order to look your best. Do you all know Hayden Panettiere? She was the coach's daughter in Remember the Titans and also plays Claire on NBC's Heroes.
Well she teamed up with Dooney & Burke and made this stunning bag (which sells for $500).
The key is, use this bag as a conversation starter. I wouldn't suggest wearing anything else red with this, because you want the bag to be the main focus of your outfit. 

Second, the shoes. Girls should already have a pair of red pumps, so I didn't want to just show 
you a regular pair of Stuart Weitzman's. So I searched for something unique. The designer is Vince Camuto and these beauties can be found on Nordstrom.com. They cost about $125. I can picture a young hottie wearing skinny jeans and a button up with these peep-toes, and breaking every neck when you go out to lunch on the weekend. But make sure you keep them critters painted and moisturized. No one wants to see your crusty cuticles and month-old polish! If you're in Dallas, try Jeannie's Nail Salon on Mockingbird. In Atlanta, go to the luxurious Sugar Coat in Buckhead. I've never gotten my nails done in New York, but according to CitySearch.com, Nao Salon & Spa got 4.5 out of 5 stars. Check it out on Madison Ave. 


I so wish I had a trench coat. I've always thought they were for my granny, but now they're
 pretty trendy. I found a red trench on Kaboodle.com (a fantastic shopping community).
This is made by Tulle Clothing and costs $105. Wear this to class or work, with khakis and a plain shell and you're good to go. I think it would be best to wear big chunky accessories to add a little spice to the look.










Don't forget to share your best love with all of your besties and your boo's. And show us some love here at Our Popular Culture!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the db bag---hotness!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

500 bills for a purse, thats 40 shares of Evergreen. nice spot chk me out one da if u can

aLwAySz said...

Great post this one is super sexy but what no Red boxers for the dudes *sheesh* ;)

kit von b. said...

the shoes are TOO effin cute.

-karrie b.